Blog - Page 21 of 25 - Darryl Davis
Condo Insurance Claim Fort Lauderdale FL

What to Know About Condo Insurance Claims in Fort Lauderdale

Every single day, condo owners need to file insurance claims to cover losses. Whether it is a flood from a broken appliance, fire, hurricane, or another disaster, you could find yourself needing to do an insurance claim on your condo at any time. So if you need to file condo insurance claims in Fort Lauderdale, here is what you need to know.

What should your condo insurance cover?

Condo insurance, or HO-6 insurance, is intended to cover damage within the four walls of your condo. It should cover your flooring, appliances, and other items in your condo. There are some exceptions to this depending on the master policy your condo’s HOA carries, so it is important to check their policy.

When should you file condo insurance claims in Fort Lauderdale?

You should only file a claim if the cost of repairing the damage or replacing items is going to cost more than your deductible. If it is less than your deductible, then you do not need to file a claim, as it may raise your rates. Insurance generally does not cover basic wear and tear, such as an old refrigerator that quits working or a water heater that rusts out, so these are not items you should file a claim for. However, if your washing machine hose goes bad and water floods your condo, then you should file a claim if the cost raises above your deductible AND you have the proper coverage. 

Do you need to get help?

Figuring out if you should file, how much your claim is worth, or even if the damage is your responsibility or the responsibility of your HOA can be overwhelming. You do not need to go it alone. A public adjuster can help to determine who needs to fix the damage and how much it costs.

Public adjuster, Darryl Davis, can help you navigate your condo insurance claims in Fort Lauderdale!

Do not go it alone with your insurance claim. Darryl Davis and associates are trained to help you get the most out of your condo claim. Call us today at 954-709-3982 to find out how we can help you with your condo insurance claim in Fort Lauderdale!

Wind/Hurricane Damage Insurance Claims Naples FL

What to Know About Filing Wind/Hurricane Damage Insurance Claims in Naples

Wind damage is one of the most common insurance claims filed. Damages from strong storms can be vast and even completely destructive. Hurricane losses are also prevalent in some areas. Home policies that cover wind/hurricane damage insurance claims in Naples often provide loss of use coverage for living expenses while your home is being repaired.

Wind/hurricane damage insurance claims in Naples can be confusing, so here are some things to know.

Policy Details
Be familiar with your policy – sometimes there are ambiguous limits, so know the details. For example, failure to take reasonable actions to mitigate the damage, like covering the leaking areas with a tarp, could affect your ability to make a claim. Know your policy time limits for making claims.

Understand your deductibles and know how much you will be responsible for paying in the event of a wind or hurricane damage claim. Homeowners are subject to paying hurricane deductibles before the insurance claim will be paid out. In the state of Florida, hurricane claim guidelines are set by the state, so all insurance companies use the same criteria. Additionally, the hurricane deductible can be applied only one time per hurricane season. Be familiar with the amount of your deductible before disasters happen.

Always have up-to-date photos of your home, inside and out, including all of your possessions. Take photographs of receipts or paperwork for valuable items and store them digitally. That way, even originals are destroyed, you’ll still have access to them. After a storm, photograph the damages. Keep receipts for living expenses if you need to relocate. And make detailed notes of each conversation with your insurance company.

Public Adjusters
The insurance company will have an adjuster working on its behalf. You have the right to hire your own private adjuster who will act in your best interest when you are filing wind/hurricane damage insurance claims in Naples. A private adjuster can help you get a quicker and more fully compensated result for your claim.

If you need representation for your wind/hurricane damage claim in Naples, call Darryl Davis.

Our office of public adjusters can help when you need to file wind/hurricane damage insurance claims in Naples! Call us today at 954-709-3982 to set up a free consultation.

Insurance Claims Orlando FL

How to File Insurance Claims in Orlando

Insurance. Sure, we hope we never need to use it, but when disasters big or small strike, it may be time to file a claim. Filing a claim can help you get money to pay for repairs and other costs associated with fire damage, mold damage, or other issues covered by your policy. Here’s what to do when it’s time to file insurance claims in Orlando.

  1. Get a police report if necessary before filing insurance claims in Orlando.

Police need not be called in for every potential claim, but police documentation can be helpful. If you think it may help your claim, file a report after a loss.

  1. Take pictures and plenty of notes.

Documenting the damage through photos and taking detailed notes throughout the process is key! If theft is involved, make a list of the items stolen. Make a copy of your items, so you can turn the copies in to the insurance company and keep the originals for yourself.

  1. Contact your insurance company or agent

Your insurance agent should be contacted as soon as possible and should you decide to file a claim, you can file with the agent. Oftentimes, you have the option to file through their website or mobile app. 

  1. Hire a public adjuster.

As part of the claim process, your insurance company will probably send an adjuster to investigate, report back on the damages, and make recommendations on how much money you should receive for your claim. You have the right to hire a public adjuster to work on your behalf. A public adjuster will handle your case and represent your interests when dealing with the insurance adjuster.

Hiring a local public adjuster for your insurance claim in Orlando may help you get a larger settlement. The professional team of DDavis and Associates have years of experience and an in-depth knowledge of federal and local laws and risk management. We understand the complexity of your claim and provide the representation you need so you can get the maximum amount of compensation. If you’re looking for representation for insurance claims in Orlando, schedule a free consultation with Darryl Davis, Public Adjuster. Call us today at (954) 709-3982.

Condo Insurance Claims Miami FL

What Homeowners Should Know Before Filing Condo Insurance Claims in Miami

When you own a condominium, there is gray area when it comes to who is responsible for damages should something happen to your condo. There are a couple of reasons for this. First, when you own a condo it is in a larger building, so you only own the space within the walls of your condo. Second, many condominiums are under an HOA and you pay a monthly fee for your condo. Because of this, there is a master insurance policy under your HOA you may need to file under. Here is what you need to know before filing condo insurance claims in Miami.

What insurance should you have on your condo?

Condominium insurance is called HO-6 insurance and is very similar to the insurace you would carry on a house. HO-6 insurance covers anything that occurs within the walls of your personal condo space. HO-6 covers personal property loss and damage as well as liability should someone get hurt. Generally, theft is also covered under your condo insurance. Of course, it is important you keep a good inventory list of items in your condo.

What is an HOA Master Policy?

When you move into a condo, it is important to get a copy of the HOA Master Policy. This policy outlines what damages the HOA is responsible for. You can expect the master policy to cover damage that occurs in common areas of the building and outdoor space, as well as the building structure. So if a flood occurs in the lobby, the HOA’s policy covers the damages.

Which policy do you file under for condo insurance claims in Miami?

While some claims are obvious as to which insurance you should file under, other claims are more ambiguous. For instance, if the roof leaks and your ceiling and belongings are damaged, which insurance should you file under? When you read through the HOA’s master policy, you are going to see the terms “all-in” and “bare-walls-in”. All-in covers either all or part of an incident such as a roof leak or a frozen pipe that bursts. It also may cover flooring, plumbing, electrical, and appliances in your condo. Bare-walls-in do not cover anything that is within the walls of your condo unit.

Florida public adjusters can help navigate your condo insurance claim in Miami

Trying to figure out whose insurance is responsible for a claim can be a real headache. A public adjuster can help to determine who is responsible for your damages, as well as properly assess the dame, so you can quickly get a fair settlement. Call us at 954-709-3982 to meet with a public adjuster in Miami today.

Wind/Hurricane Damage Insurance Claims Fort Meyers FL

What Coverage Should I Have for Wind/Hurricane Damage Insurance Claims in Fort Meyers

Before you ever need to file an insurance claim for any reason on your homeowner’s policy, it’s important to make sure you have the proper coverage. Many devastating events that cause damage or destruction to your home are not covered without additional policies. Homeowners often believe that because they have insurance, they will be reimbursed for repairs from natural disasters. But this belief can cause a lot of heartache. Without the right coverage for wind/hurricane damage insurance claims in Fort Meyers, Florida, you could be financially responsible for the repairs. It puts you at risk for losing your investment, financially and emotionally, into your home.

How do you know if you have the right coverage for wind/hurricane damage insurance claims in Fort Meyers?

If you have a separate policy specifically for wind / hurricane damage in place, then you should be protected. However, this is a policy that you must request in addition to your homeowner’s policy. The same is true for flood damage insurance.

If you have not added a wind / hurricane policy onto your homeowner’s policy and a storm comes through, you will be paying out of pocket. Many homeowners simply cannot afford to pay for anything other than minor repairs. Unfortunately, tropical storms often leave destruction in their path. Home repairs after one can be quite costly, and some homeowners even have to completely rebuild. Can you afford to do that?

Don’t be caught unprepared for having your wind or hurricane damage claim denied. Call for a risk analysis today!

Paying for repairs at your own expense could be devastating financially. This is unfortunate at any time, but especially after your family home has been damaged. This is why a risk analysis consultation is so important. With a risk analysis, we can help ensure that you have everything in place with your policies. This is done before a hurricane or storm winds come through.

Call Darryl Davis and Associates today at 954-709-3982 to learn more about our services and how we can help you cover yourself! Don’t be a victim of being unprepared or assuming your insurance company has already provided all the coverage you need.